Articulation of actions against damages caused by heavy rains in the Guano canton

From 07:00 am today, Juan Pablo Cruz, Prefect of Chimborazo continues to manage the execution of the emergent works in Guano, after the Cantonal COE makes the declaration of emergency due to the damage caused by the alluvium. At 12:00 this Sunday, a new session of this organization was held, where a report was issued on all the immediate attention activities that each technical table has carried out so far.

¨ We will continue with the cleaning work, this afternoon and evening, to improve the critical situation that Guano is going through, our commitment remains in managing all the necessary aid to guarantee security and restoration of public order in this canton ¨ , said the first authority of the province.

For his part, Raúl Cabrera, mayor of Guano, said: ¨ We thank the prefect for his constant support since yesterday afternoon and night he has given us his help with the machinery and evaluation by his team, thank you for the expression of solidarity with the people of Guano¨.

The Provincial Government managed to enable the access route to this canton, an intervention that continues in various access areas, with the entity’s own machinery. Today, 9 dump trucks, 2 portable loaders, 1 mini loader, 9 retro excavators, 1 crew of cleaning personnel and 6 technicians specialized in risk operations from the Prefecture are working, with 65% progress, which is why the Jobs will run late into the night.

Later, a tour of the affected neighborhoods that require urgent attention was made. In addition, the levels of coordination with the competent entities are reinforced, such as the Guano Fire Department, the Armed Forces, the Chimborazo Government, the National Police, the National Service for Risk and Emergency Management; to continue with the process of removing debris found in the downtown area of ​​the city and serving the population, whose homes and business premises were affected.