Know more about
The Provincial Council of Chimborazo, is created on January 1, 1946, under a shallow and effective analysis of the rulers of that time, as a means of solution to the needs and requirements of the towns farthest from the Central Power. Its history has been extensive since the beginning of its management, due to the lack of a legal body that regulates its responsibilities, rights and obligations.
Its physical-administrative operation was developed in what today is the reception hall of the Governorate of Chimborazo, with a team of servers of a Secretary, an Assistant Secretary, a Chief of Works, a Treasurer, a Concierge and two Chauffeurs Economic allocations at the time were always limited, as a contribution from the National Government. Its Councilors were elected by popular vote and from among them a President, a Vice President and an Occasion President were elected, until 1974 when they take another administrative form, appointing a Provincial Prefect and seven Councilors by Popular Election.
On January 24, 1969, the Permanent Legislative Commission of the H. National Congress repeals Title VI of the Administrative Regime Law and all laws and decrees that oppose the Provincial Regime Law, receiving the Execution of the President of the Republic of Ecuador, Dr. José María Velasco Ibarra, in the Government Palace, in Quito on February 4, 1969.
Guarantee the roads, productivity and competitiveness of the province of Chimborazo, through the generation of goods and services for the well-being of citizens and the care of nature, counting on technological tools, standardized processes and work teams oriented towards results-based management
In 2018, GADPCH consolidates an alternative welfare management model, coordinated and articulated with territorial actors, optimizing their resources and human talents, so that it contributes to the development of Chimboracense citizenship.